1. The name of the group shall hereinafter be called The Fitzhead Events Group (FEG).
2. The aim of the FEG shall be to work closely with the PCC and TBC to arrange a mixture of social events to bring together the villagers of Fitzhead.
3. Some events will be non-profit making, and some will be for the purpose of raising funds to maintain and improve the buildings of the Tithe Barn and/or St James’ Church (ie for secular purposes only and where this is not already funded by the Diocese of Bath and Wells).
4. The Membership of the FEG will comprise at least 2 representatives from:
- Parochial Church Council (PCC)
- Tithe Barn Committee (TBC)
- Village community
5. Through their representative members, the PCC and the TBC should advise the FEG of the amounts of money which are needed for specific purposes. The FEG will accordingly plan a mixture of events to be held throughout the year. All event publicity must state where any profits will go and for what purpose, and the FEG together with the PCC and TBC will keep the village advised as to the on-going progress of any such fund raising.
For the avoidance of doubt the:
- PCC remain responsible for all matters relating to religious/church matters and all monies raised from Church Collections etc remain with the PCC
- TBC remain responsible for all matters relating to the hire and upkeep of the Tithe Barn and all monies raised from hire of the hall remain with the TBC
- FEG is not responsible for the organising of the Fete
6. The following officers will be appointed at the first meeting: Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer.
Role of Chairman
- to ensure that the FEG adheres to the Constitution, and that it is reviewed periodically to ensure it meets requirements. New members to be made aware of the Constitution on joining
- to chair each meeting to ensure that all items on the Agenda are discussed
- to ensure each agreed task has a nominated Lead who will create task list (including risk assessment)
- to ensure that all fund raising activities are open and transparent and that the village is kept informed of how much has been raised per event and for what purpose
- to provide an annual report at the AGM of the activities of the FEG in the past year
Role of Secretary
- consult with the Chairman to create agenda based on previous Minutes and other relevant topics, and circulate before meeting
- Minute each meeting and highlight action points, and circulate in a timely manner to the FEG
- agree date and location for meetings
- act as point of contact with the village for the FEG, respond to any communications, send thank you messages for help received etc, and keep the FEG informed of any issues
- liaise with Parish Council, TBC and PCC on insurance matters and other matters of common interest
- ensure details of events are well publicised (sent to Parish Mag by their deadline, Website, Fitzhead Facebook page, village notice boards, telegraph poles, blackboards and other forms of communication as agreed
- call AGM on or around 19 May each year
Role of Treasurer
- The FEG shall maintain a bank account for operational purposes and the Secretary and Treasurer shall be named signatories of the account
- To be responsible for keeping proper accounts of all monies and for transferring any amounts raised on behalf of the TBC or the PCC to their accounts
- To provide a financial report at each meeting, and to maintain a profit/loss summary per event
- To provide a financial report at the AGM of the monetary activities of the FEG in the past year
7. Voting of FEG members will be by a show of hands, a simple majority to decide.
8. The FEG shall meet as often as deemed necessary, but at least four times a year.
9. An AGM shall be held annually on the anniversary of the first meeting, and no more than 15 months to elapse between AGMs.
10. The Secretary will keep a record of all meetings, to be circulated as required.
11. The FEG shall maintain a bank account for operational purposes and the Secretary and Treasurer shall be named signatories of the account. The Treasurer shall be responsible for keeping proper accounts of all monies and for transferring any amounts raised on behalf of the TBC or the PCC to their accounts.
12. This constitution may be amended at any meeting by simple majority provided that such amendment has been circulated to all members at least 31 days beforehand.
13. The FEG may at any time be dissolved by a resolution passed by a 2/3rd majority at any meeting provided that at least 21 clear days notice stating this intention has been sent to all members. All monies remaining in the bank account shall be given or transferred to the Fitzhead Tithe Barn Committee or as the members of the FEG determine.