Halse Players will be performing their winter production at the Inn New, Halse on Thursday 19, Friday 20 and Saturday 21 January 2023 in the café. There is an optional pre-theatre dinner available which will need to be pre ordered 48 hours before the performance you are seeing, so pre-order on Tuesday 17 ready for Thursday 19, pre-order on 18 for Friday 20 and pre-order on 20 for Saturday 21.
‘Heroes’ is a play by Gerald Sibleyras who is an accomplished playwright and has been regularly nominated for the Molière Awards. Originally titled “Le Vent des Peupliers” this 90 minute, one act French comedy has been given an elegant English gloss by its translator Tom Stoppard.
Set in a French retirement home in 1959, Philippe, Gustave and Henri, three veterans from the first world war, dream of making their escape from the soldiers’ home, if not to Indochina then at least as far as the poplar trees on the hill…..
- Salt & pepper squid with sriracha mayo and lemon – dairy free (df)
- Chicken liver parfait with port jelly, hazelnuts and croutes
- Wild mushroom arancini with rocket, aged balsamic and parmesan
- Lamb faggots with salt baked mash, winter greens and onion gravy
- Slow braised mushroom chilli with rice, guacamole, toasted pittas – df
- Beer battered fish and chips with ‘posh’ mushy peas, tartare sauce and lemon – df
- Thai green vegetable curry with coconut rice and prawn crackers – gluten free (gf)/df
- New Inn beef burger with streaky bacon, Cheddar, chutney, aioli, fries and dressed leaves
- Chocolate & hazelnut tart with praline, burnt orange and salted caramel ice cream – gf/df
- Sticky figgy pudding with poached apricots, caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream
- White chocolate panna cotta with rhubarb compôte and white chocolate soil – gf
Events in February
- 8 February, quiz night at New Inn
- 26 February, curry night at New Inn