The Fitzhead Jubilee Street Party will take place on Sunday 5 June 2022.
- The road will be closed from 12.30pm
- Tables will be set up along Church Road outside the Tithe Barn (south side)
- 1.30pm for 2pm start and a Toast to the Queen at 3pm after the church bell has struck and the national anthem – bring your own champers etc for the toast
- If everyone could bring food, some to eat and some to share
- Traditional food welcome sandwiches, cream teas etc
- Royal plates and cups provided along with tea and coffee, also squash and juice during the afternoon
- Dogs must be kept on a lead and under control
We are running some competitions with a prize. For the children, best crown and a royal painting. The painting could be anything connected with the Queen, a castle or a Corgi dog or the queen herself or whatever you decide. Crowns are welcome for adults for fun. Best decorated cake competition with details to follow.
If anyone has photos of the previous village street parties (1977, 2002, 2012), please could they be copied and emailed to Roger and Sue Mitchinson as jpegs at email@example.com
There will be a ‘decorate a Corgi’ children’s craft table, with a prize for the most imaginative. Paint and decorate your own Corgi dog stencil with pompoms, gems, bells, sequins, stars, ribbons or even a crown. Your decoration will only be limited by your imagination.
If the conditions are right, there will also be appearance by Fitzhead’s own TV star, ‘Mossy’ the football playing Dartmoor pony, patriotically donning a crown and Union flag.